Testosterone is a male hormone and helps with regards to the vital functioning of a man’s body. It is also known as the sex hormone that places a crucial role with regards to a man’s sex life. Both male and female produce the testosterone, but the quantity present in a man’s body is much more than that of a woman. Therefore, testosterone is an extremely important hormone in the body of a man.
What Are Some Of The Vital Facts Of Testosterone?
- Low testosterone levels are the reason to getting you a big belly. The belly fat is accumulated in the stomach region. This is responsible for causing weight gain. A body with a well-maintained testosterone level will burn the stored belly fat and keeps it flat.
- Being overweight is also one of the main causes to lead to low levels of testosterone. This is caused due to the dominance of estrogen in the belly area that leads to belly fat. It further produces an enzyme that converts the present testosterone to estrogen which results to produce more belly fat.
- Testosterone hormone promotes lean muscle mass. Men who have low levels of testosterone will not have any muscle gain even after workouts.
- You have chances to develop sleep apnea due to low testosterone.
- However, any thing too much is always too bad. Therefore, too much of testosterone in the body may lead to shrinking of the testicles.
- There are amazing health benefits one can obtain by maintaining the testosterone levels. One can refrain from getting prostate cancer if the testosterone levels are high.
- Testosterone helps to maintain cholesterol levels and reduce triglyceride levels.
- It is also responsible for increasing strength levels and helps to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Men who are detected with type2 diabetes are more prone to low testosterone levels. In diabetes, the body is insulin resistant. It does not have the capacity to make use of the insulin produced efficiently. This causes rise to the blood sugar levels and increases fat retention which is due to low testosterone levels.
- Testosterone promotes the production of red blood cells.
- Testosterone is responsible for increasing your mental health, emotional health and overall well being of the body. Men who deal with depression and frequently diagnosed with low testosterone levels.
- Sometimes, with regards to breast cancer treatment, testosterone is made use.
- Testosterone helps to brain think with clarity. It keeps you energetic and active throughout the day. It increases your strength, stamina, and endurance.
- Lack of testosterone also leads to causing heart issues.
Therefore, it is extremely important to maintain testosterone levels at all times.